Restore at 7854% after 6 hrs. and not done

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by theo1945, Feb 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theo1945

theo1945 Registered Member

Hi, My first post. I am restoring about 138 gig of back-up from an external hdd via usb. All was going smooth up to about 60% of the progress bar after a little over 30 mins. Since then, The progress bar hasn't moved but, the sub-operation bar is going strong as though it were on fire. It has been about 6 Hrs. now and overall progress at top says 7859% and still not done. Could it be in a loop or something? or is this normal? I don't know how long the back-up took (it was over night). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Edit: the program is the free Paragon backup and restore.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. brocks

brocks Registered Member

I had some weird problems with the same product. Most of the time, restoring my system partition would take a few minutes, but sometimes it would do one file at a time instead of the whole partition, and was taking much longer, and kept going past 100%. I shut it down after about half an hour.

Most of the time it works great. I haven't had time to sit down and figure out how to recreate the problem every time, but I do know that one time it happened when I tried to restore to a smaller partition than the copy was from (IIRC I had a 100GB partition with only about 10GB of data, and I tried to restore it to a 50GB partition). I killed it and re-did the partitions on the target drive so that the target was over 100GB, and then it worked perfectly. I suspect that maybe it also happens if you try to restore to a partition that isn't empty, so Paragon tries not to overwrite the existing files, but I'm not sure about that.

If you are restoring a partition, and not selected files, it should say something like "writing data..." the whole time. If it is showing you individual filenames, I would cancel it and try again.

If your original backup was selected files, rather than a whole partition, I've never done that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.