Restore Active Desktop

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by ronxp2000, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronxp2000

ronxp2000 Registered Member

The MRU silent utility that is loaded during startup seems to be causing an Active Restore Desktop (the white screen with no desktop settings) problem to occur rather often.

I disables it via MSCONFIG and it did in fact go away.

What is the proper way to remove this from startup in the registry, or is there a fix?

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

If you mean the MRU-Blaster Silent clean shortcut, that was an option in install, and is simply located in your StartUp folder in your Start Menu.

If you mean the MRU-Blaster scheduler, simply open it and select "remove all settings". Then delete the shortcut to the Scheduler from your StartUp folder in your Start Menu.

Best regards,

-Javacool

P.S. I dont know why it would be causing an Active Desktop error, however...

3. ronxp2000

Okay I had done that, just wanted to make sure there were no special registry entries or anything.

Thanks.

And by the way, am I unique to this problem? Or has it happened to others?

I mean my system is like ROCK stable, and never had such an occurence.

4. javacool

I have never heard of such a problem happening to anyone else. So you seem to be alone there. ;)

Does this happen after running MRU-Blaster normally? Or only after using the scheduler?

TIA.

-Javacool

5. ronxp2000

"C:\Program Files\MRU-Blaster\mrublaster.exe" -silent

So long as that is in STARTUP, it happens, regardless of whether I use MRU or not.

It just may be one of those *loading order* things.

No big deal, problem is smashed none the less.

The -silent thing just makes MRU perform faster so it doesn't have to do a full scan each timeo_Oo_O

6. ronxp2000

Oh also, I don't even use the scheduler.

I just doing cleaning manually by load MRU it self with the ICON.

7. javacool

The -silent tag was added so MRU-Blaster could be set up to scan and clean all items silently. In your case, it did this at startup.

It sounds like something else on your system didn't like MRU-Blaster doing this at start-up. :rolleyes: At least you can still run it on demand. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

8. javacool

In this case, the scheduler might allow you to have MRU-Blaster run itself every "x" seconds, minutes, or hours without the problem you had with the MRU-Blaster silent clean at startup. If you like that extra feature of MRU-Blaster go for it - I'd love to hear whether it works for you or not. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

9. ronxp2000

I will most certainly let you know. But for now, I have to take the wife out.

I'll test that theory out tomorrow evening if at all possible.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

10. ronxp2000

Well I tried the scheduler at 5 second intervals.

It worked fine while I done that, BUT when I rebooted, it gave me the first BSOD I had even seen in Windows 2000 (over 2 years useage with this system). So apparently some program I am using is conflicting with MRU.

It's really not a big issue with me, as I'll just do it the MANUAL way (which is what I prefer anyway).

But what I can do, if you so desire, is tell you all the programs I use and those in memory (or give you my start up stuff, etc), or what ever you would like to see.

Liek I said, it's no big deal with, but I'll certainly help you if you wish to endever on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.