Restoration with DVD Support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Comic, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comic

Comic Registered Member

Hello,

I have bought a new computer and after installing all software I'm using. I think it could be a great thing to make a DVD restore of my system.
    After looking on net, I find Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation can be a great solution.

That's why, I've download the trial version : Acronis*True*Image*Workstation Trial version 9.1 (build*3*71:cool:

My method to do my backup is this one :
    1. I have made a Bootable Rescue CD
    2. I have done a backup of my system'partition which I save on an other partition.
    3. I burnt a DVD with nero in UDF of the backup done before.

When I use the Bootable Rescue CD, I go to the Acronis'dos menu without problem, but when I try to use Recovery fonction. I cannot chose DVD, the only choices I have are the two harddisk partition and network but no DVD Drive.

I don't understand what's wrong with my method.

Anyone can help me ? Thanx

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Comic,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please clarify the following?

- Did you select to boot the full version of Acronis True Image or the safe version when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD?

- Are you unable to see the DVD drive in the tree pane or you can not see the archive files on the DVD discs?

- Provide us with the exect model and vendor of the CD/DVD drive you use.

- Create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

- Create Windows System Information.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Please also be aware that UDF versions higher than 2.01 are not supported in Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment, i.e. when using Acronis Startup Recovery Manager or 'Full' version of Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD. So, please make sure that you use UDF versions 2.01 or lower.

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation has direct DVD writing capacity, therefore, there is no need to have any UDF packet DVD writing software installed in order to be able to store the image archives to DVD discs. Please read more information about writing to DVDs in this FAQ article.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. dmoes

dmoes Registered Member

I had the same problem when I booted from bootable disk I could only see the disk partions not the DVD drive that I had booted from I booted in safe restore mode

I tried booting again in the full mode and I could see the DVD drive and some network possibilities as well

the good part was that since I was just finisshed intalling a clean install of windows and all my apps I chanced the restore. if there was a problem I would be back to loading windows. again but no data at risk just time. it worked fine and was up in 20 mins with a restored image as if nothing had changed.

I will be purchasing true image. The trial worked perfectly to my needs. to bad for the other guys because their spooky named program had a problem and was not compatible with my DVD multi drive and seemed to have to much usless baggage packed with the software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.