Resource usage differences between trial and full?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by quexx88, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Hello, I am currently testing out TDS-3's trial version. I have it configured the way I like it, in other words, maximum security and sensitivity. I have noticed that it is currently taking up a mere 1,700kb of RAM. This is extremely small, and I was wondering if it really is that good, or if the additional features in the full version, like execution protection, will add to the burden.

Thanks a lot!

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there, it will hardly be noticable. And if you don't like the exec protection you can disable it although it is a nice feature you will like to use. It's not a running process just a hook which is active when needed to check an executable, after it is quiet again.

3. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

Hmm, on my system TDS3 (registered version) is currently using 18,600KB thats ten times the usage reported by the first poster. That figure by the way is reported using Process explorer straight after a reboot.
    Tom

4. quexx88

Any idea why my RAM usage is so much less than frogfoot's?

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

TDS3 uses very little RAM when not scanning, so it may be that the initial scans were not complete when Frogfoot took his reading.
    With Execution Protection installed in the licensed version there is a very small delay when an application opens due the the hooking but negligible CPU usage.

Pilli

6. frogfoot

frogfoot Registered Member

It may be because I had 'Load Plugins' checked in the config screen, disabling this lowers the usage to 2040KB

7. quexx88

No, I have plugins enabled as well. If this is the way TDS-3 is made to operate, then I am very, very impressed. I might just have to get a little early Christmas present for myself ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.