Resizing System Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by hac32, Apr 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hac32

hac32 Registered Member

DDS10.0 build 2,117. XP Home.
    The hard drive has 2 - partitions, OperatingSystem C: 149GB & NTFS 7.813MB. I understand that the 7.813 is usual & necessary. (By the way, the 7.813 is itself a Logical Partition. Should it be?).
    I have tried to reduce C: to 20GB then create a 129GB partition from the Unallocated space. DDS asks for a Reboot after Committing.
    The computer reboots, during which DSS is active, but the operations have not been carried out. I still have the 149GB partition C:.
    Is it not possible to perform the desired change?
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello hac32,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. hac32

hac32 Registered Member

Hello Kirill,
    Thank you for your prompt reply. I downloaded SnapAPI v2.1.0.221 but when I started to install it I got an Acronis Drivers Setup window stating: "You are about to install an older version of the drivers. Are you sure that you want to continue installing?". Selected No. Can't find the driver which is installed to check the version.
    Should I install anyway?
    HAC32.

4. hac32

hac32 Registered Member

Dear Kirill,
    Now found snapapi.dll v2.1.0.222 already installed in C:\Windows\system32 which appears to be later than that downloaded by the link given in your e-mail.
    Kind regards,
    hac32.

5. Acronis Support

Hello hac32,

Please try to download SnapAPI installation package using this link. Please collect all the log files as I have suggested in my previous post if the issue remains and send them to us by submitting a request.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

6. hac32

hac32 Registered Member

Hi Kirill,
    Could not resize in Windows but managed to do so using a bootable CD-R I made using DDS. (By the way, neither my "bootable" DDS CD nor my "bootable" True Image CD will boot.)
    Thanking you for your advice,
    hac32.

7. Acronis Support

Hello hac32,

Could you please describe in more details what exactly happens when you try to boot from Acronis Bootable Rescue CD?

If it is possible please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.