resize to fit new hard disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by EOrtega, Nov 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EOrtega

EOrtega Registered Member

Hi All,

I'm new to Acronis True Image. I was wondering, is there a way to Clone my HD to the network? I could create images to the network, but the images do not resize to new hard disk size.

Thanks in advance.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Not likely what your want to do because a clone is an exact image of the entire original drive. Do you really want to convert a network drive to a copy of your whole hard drive?

Ah, but you can resize the image to fit the new drive, so this is the way to go.

3. EOrtega

EOrtega Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I didn't explained correctly. What I want is to be able to clone or image of my HD to a network share and then load that image to a new HD and hopefully the image will auto resize to fit new HD size, like Symantec Ghost does. Is this possible with True Image? Thanks.

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

The image won't auto-resize. You need to make the choice of how big to make the image and how much, if any, of the drive to leave for a second partition.

Frankly, I prefer having this manual since installation on a new, larger hard drive offers many new possiblitities.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.