Resize Dynamic / Mirrored NTFS partitions

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by chi@tetontel.com, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chi@tetontel.com

chi@tetontel.com Registered Member

Hi,

I'm running Windows 2003 Server, have two dynamic hard drives mirrored via disk management. I need to increase the size of one partition, taking the space from the other. I have Partition Expert 8.0 but it is not letting me perform this operation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chi Melville

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Chi,

Thank you for using Acronis software (http://www.acronis.com/products/).

We regret to inform you that Acronis company doesn't have any partitioning program that is capable of working with Windows dynamic disks. Our Development Team will certainly produce such product in the future.

Thank you.

3. Mario

Mario Guest

That seems to be the case also with non-dynamic mirrored disks in Win 2003 server.
    Please confirm this.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Mario,

Do you mean the hardware RAID array configured as mirroring? If so then Acronis Disk Director Suite should work with it.

Thank you.

5. JaneM

JaneM Registered Member

Hi, can you tell me if any of your products can help.

I have a W2k server sp4, with one raid-1 array of 2 disks (it has more, but they are of no consequence)

I have 2 volumes- the boot volume (c:) and a d: volume. The boot partition is 4GB and running out of space and i wanted to extend the boot volume to use the 12GB of d: space.

I changed it from a basic disk to a dynamic disk so i could extend the volume, but when i try and extend the boot volume with the 12GB of unallocated space, (previously d:) it won't let me and says "could not allocate contiguous space or partition"

Can i use any of your products to extend my boot volume?

Many Thanks

Jane

6. Acronis Support

Hello Jane,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Director Suite (http://www.acronis.com/products/diskdirector/).

We regret to inform you that the current version of Acronis Disk Director Suite is not capable of working with Windows dynamic disks. It can resize only basic disks.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.