Reset entire configuration

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Polytest, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polytest

Polytest Registered Member

I have been testing NOD for our enterprise environment and I have rolled it to several of our staff for testing. Now that I am in the last few days of final testing I want to reset all the settings to the same thing and protect it with a password.

The staff I rolled it to have been playing with the settings on their clients as part of their testing. When I send the config file to their machines from the RA console some settings are not over writing the locally set changes. o_O

Can anyone tell me how to force the changes onto the machine and overwrite these settings? :doubt:

One set of settings in particular are around the alerts and balloons that get displayed.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

These are so-called per-user settings which means they can only be altered by the appropriate user once they have been modified and the change has been written to the registry. If you need to modify them remotely, you'll need to uninstall/reinstall the program as this is currently the only way how to remove per-user settings from the registry remotely.

3. Polytest

Polytest Registered Member

In an enterprise environment it would be uneconomic to uninstall and reinstall a client everytime someone "has a fiddle". Are you able to tell me what part of the registry these keys are written to so that we can use policies to force the settings - thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.