Rescue Media USB support / Multi Disk - Multi Product

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DickDastardly, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DickDastardly

DickDastardly Registered Member

Ok - Question 1:
    Right now True Image 8 774 recognizes my cd/dvd r/rw drive, as well as my floppy drive. What would I need to do to get True Image to recognize my USB ports or recognize a USB pendrive as a bootable rescue media device? In other words assuming my motherboard/bios supports booting into a USB device, can I have it so True Image loads from the USB?

Question 2:
    Is there a way of having two or more Acronis rescue products on one cd and using a menuing system to select between them. For instance, instead of having a disk for True Image, a disk for Disk Director, etc... can they all be on just one disk - selecting each one through a menu. Something like Easy Boot.

Thank you,
    Dick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dick,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

1) Just plug in your USB card into the USB port and run Acronis bootable rescue media builder. You will be suggested to write a bootable image to this card.

2) The current versions of Acronis products don't support this feature. Our Development Team will try to implement it in the future versions.

Thank you.

3. urie

urie Registered Member

DickDastardly,
    you can use the new version of Ultraiso it will read the boot sector off acronis products and then use easyboot to make a bootmenu for these products.

in easyboot use the command,
    bootinfotable;run Timage8.bif for example disk director suite works also but if you try to run osselector you will need you serial number for that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.