rescue media test can not find backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by matt8911, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt8911

matt8911 Registered Member

Hi I think I put the backup image on the second hard drive(last partition) of a internal drive. I have heard this is not good it should be on the main hard drive C: in the created Drive image partition. OK, so I tried to access the backup and verify it but TI says there is no backup o_Oo_O (using a CD boot disc i created)
    Also my Main Hard drive is about 80 Gb in size with two partitions (C)
    Do i have enough room on this small HD for backups or should I be thinking about a larger drive??
    Specs:
    MOBO ga-8i945P-G with Pentium 4 at 3.0 Ghz
    HD0 :80 Gb 2 partitions- SATA 1
    HD1 :149.2 GB 3 partitions last is Acronis SZ 44.51 GB -SATA 2 (jumpered for SATA1 mode)
    HD 2 :149.5 GB 1 partition this is on a IDE RAID/ATA controller (for extra hard drives basically)
    Win XP home SP2
    Acrinis true Image Home 10 build 4,942
    thanks in advance!!:D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

It's really not advisable to keep your backup on the system drive. Use one of your other drives instead. Even better is to keep the backups on an external drive so that, when not required, it can be physically disconnected from the computer.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you're booting form the CD, the drive letter assignments might not be the same as when windwos runs.

Note the size of the drives, if they are diff and that will tell you which drive is which.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello matt8911,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify, where did you save the archive to? Please make sure the program logs indicate that the backup was created successfully.
    Could you please also clarify the exact text of the error message?

Please notice that to successfully create a backup it's recommended to have free space equal or larger that the data being backed up. In most cases the archive will be compressed to a smaller size (if you choose a degree of compression from the backup creation options), but the actual amount of compression will greately depend on the data being backed up. For example, data already compressed (most video and audio files, archive files) will likely not compress any further.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. matt8911

Well I thought I was saving it to the Acronis secure Zone but maybe I was mistaken. Anyway, In windows I see it (the backup) in the wdmain2 partition of the secondary hard drive for windows(seagate has the OS and WesternDigital SATA (wdmain1 and 2) has page file plus other media on three partitions -wdmain1 and wd main2 , Acronis SZ is hiding after these two partitions)here is a picture- BRB
    Back now sorry for the delay...Also I found I was not using the disk as I thought earlier Because the BIOS was found to boot to the hard drive first- not the CD. I was actually in the AS Recovery manager (f11 selection) when I tried to access the backup.
    I guess the real problem is I looked in the Secure Zone and wanted to verify the backup but it was not there and gave me the (white X in red circle) "Acronis Secure Zone has no backups" error message. Now I just find the backup that I labeled as "newbackup1b.tib" and use the verification wizard- which WORKS by the way. I also tried it both ways with and without the cd and it works.
    The question now is how to create a backup in the Acronis Secure Zone?? Do I need to delete the existing backup first?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  6. matt8911

Yes I realize that it is better to have it separate...thats why its on the secondary hard drive(internal) this drive has a page file also with some programs that run in windows too (which further complicates the matter IMO):rolleyes: Also If I do restore operation it will only restore the Seagate Hard drive contents and any system information from the Western Digital hard drive may be lost, if it is affected, because it is not included in the original FULL backup. Wow this is getting complicated:rolleyes: Huh ? Any adviice will be welcome:ninja:

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello matt8911,

Please notice that to create a backup in Acronis Secure Zone you need to choose it as a location for the backup at the appropriate screen of Backup Wizard (notice that the path field will be disabled with "No file name is required in this area" message, as Acronis Secure Zone manages backups automatically) from the top of the locations tree. The backup you created on your other partition will not interact with Acronis Secure Zone, so you may keep it or delete it.

When you are restoring an image, you have a choice to restore the whole drive (if the whole drive was backed up), separate partitions, or separate files/folders. If you restore the whole drive, the destination drive will be wiped in the process. Otherwise, as long as you have enough free space (unallocated space for partition restore) on the destination drive, the other data will be kept.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.