Rescue media not loading completely

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kicks, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kicks

kicks Registered Member

System: msi k9vgm-v, amd sempron 3000+ amd2, hdd maxtor 80gb
    Acronis: TI WS 9.1 build 3.887, rescue media with full and with safe version.

I want to restore an image from machine A to the bare disk of machine B. After booting with the rescue media and selecting "Acronis TI full version", the CD is hanging with "Loading, please wait".

I can not overcome the obstacle as recommended in the FAQ: F11, setting boot parameters like acpi=off, noapic, noapm, nousb etc. Only selecting the safe version works - but this option is without the required network support.

Any way out there? Many thanks in advance, Thomas

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Here are two alternatives to what appears to be a hardware incompatibility between your system and the Full version of TI on the Recovery CD.

1. Put the backup image on a hard drive that you can temporarily mount in machine B. This will allow you to use the Safe version of TI to restore the image since internal drives are supported in the Safe version.

Some motherboards will support an external USB drive in BIOS and allow the USB drive to be used with the Safe version of TI. This isn't very common, but you might check for this.

2. Create a BartPE boot disk with the TI plugin. This uses Windows drivers and should be compatible with your system's hardware.

Are machines A and B essentially identical? The image of A will have the drivers for machine A's motherboard, video, NIC, sound, etc. and is unlikely to boot if restored to a system with very different hardware unless you are using Universal Restore.

3. kicks

kicks Registered Member

Yes, it works to use TI safe version and restore the image from a USB drive. Universal Restore is not needed, since machine A and B have identical hardware. Thanks again for the idea.

In the meantime, I discovered that TI 10 Home full version works, too ...

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

That's all good news.

I should have also suggested trying TI 10 Home for it's support of the newest hardware, but you were on Workstation, so I forgot about that.

As long as the hardware is identical, the restore should boot right up happily. It is possible that Windows might require reactivation, but I've seen cases of identical machines not having any activation problems.

5. kicks

kicks Registered Member

I mentionned TI 10 Home only for systematical reasons. To test if it works with my hardware, I used an evaluation version, which unfortunately does not restore images, unless I buy an extra license. All the more I am glad about the workaround for my licensed WS 9.1.

Regards, Thomas

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kicks,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you have recreated Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after installing the latest build of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep all drives in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

If you not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.