Rescue Media Help-stops loading

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by FXH, Apr 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FXH

FXH Registered Member

Hi, I tried booting with my rescue media created with ti-2009. I get to the initial screen where I can go to windows or ti-2009. I click on it-2009. The CD spins up. I net a new screen with acronis logo. Then Screen goes black with cursor blinking. At this point the cursor disappears and the light on the CD drive turns off and nothing more happens. At this point I have to reboot the computer.

The rescue media worked before without a problem. I created a new rescue media disk to make sure rescue media one was not damaged, but the results are the same. I need help.

System:
    WinXP sp3, Abit Ip35 pro, E8400, 4gig corsair ddr2 800 ram. EVGA GTS 8800, 700 watt PS. WD HDisk.

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

What do you mean by this? Was it rescue media from the same installation of TI? The same version of TI? A different version? A different PC?

Have you tried the Rescue CDs on another system to see if they boot other systems normally?

Where are you storing your backup images?

Have you installed the Safe mode of TI? It has become a free separate download with the newer version of TI. If you include the Safe mode on the CD can you boot from that?

3. FXH

FXH Registered Member

Hello John,
    I do not use the safe zone option. The rescue media is the same built as ti-2009 (9709) created on the same computer. No, I have not tried the rescue media on another computer yet. I will do that this afternoon. I am storing my image on a secondary sata drive in my computer.
    Thank you.

4. jmk94903

I'm still confused by your comment that the rescue media worked before. When did you boot from the CD and have it work?

Did you install the Safe mode feature for TI 2009? It is a separate download from the Acronis web site after you register your TI 2009. After you download and install the Safe media feature, create a new TI 2009 Rescue CD but be sure that both the Full and Safe boxes are checked.

Boot from the new CD and click on the Safe option. Can you see both your SATA drives? If so, can you validate the backups that you made?

One limitation of the Safe mode is that external drives are usually not seen.

5. FXH

FXH Registered Member

John, again thank you for the help. I was not aware of the safe mode feature. I need to look into it.
    Yes, the CD rescue media did work before. I have in the past been able to boot from the media and see all my drives with out a problem. suddenly and for unknown reasons my computer will not boot using the same rescue CD which was created using ti-2009. Otherwise my computer works fine.
    As you can tell, I am new to the use of this software.

6. jmk94903

In that case, look at the old CD and see if it was scratched. The new CD should be identical, so there's no reason for both not to work. Check them on another PC.

If they work on other systems, then I'd suspect that something has happened to your CD reader/writer. Since these are mechanical devices, they are among the most likely parts of a PC to fail.

Can you boot from any other CDs in your drive? Windows installation CD/DVD, etc.

7. FXH

FXH Registered Member

OK, it appears I have solved my problem. On a hunch I cleared my CMOS and loaded the optimized bio settings for my mother board. After setting my bio's preference I tried the rescue disk and it worked. Acronis worked without a problem. I tried both disks and the both work.
    John, I appreciate you assistance and help.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

FXH, I am really glad to hear that you have resolved the issue.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.