Rescue Media Builder to floppy disks

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Uncle Ben, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

I was able to complete, and test, a Rescue Set in Safe Mode.

But for some strange reasons, after two failed attempts, the Rescue Set in full mode bucks upon inserting the first diskette in Drive (A: ) - I get an error message to the effect that this is not a system disk.:rolleyes:. Using TI Home 10 (build 4871.)

Clues anyone? TIA

Uncle Ben

Last edited: Nov 4, 2006
  2. Uncle Ben

Media Builder to floppy disks

I was a able to build a set of diskettes for SAFE mode, the set I prepared for full mode does not work. I get an error message on the first disk - that it is not a system disk. It looks like the media builder algorithm fails to install the system files on the boot disk.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Incidentally, to save our UG fellow readers some keystrokes, I already have a rescue set on CD. This additional rescue set was just a fall back position, in case, for whatever reason, the CDR drive didn't work. Better be safe than sorry.

3. Uncle Ben

Re: Media Builder to floppy disks - Problem solved

Went to Acronis support and after two or three exchanges, it came down to faulty diskettes. Even though my first rescue set was on old, re-formatted diskettes, two more subsequent attempts were on brand new diskettes, and both failed to boot - I was still getting the same error message upon inserting the bootable diskette 1 in the drive.

But the third attempt worked. So it looks like the diskette was the culprit here not TI10.

Thank you Acronis Support for you help!

4. _Kento_

_Kento_ Registered Member

Uncle Ben,

I would try to recreate the whole set of floppies in case one of them is damaged. BTW, did you try to create bootable media on CD? Because the problem might be not in floppies but it Media Builder as itself.

_Kento_

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Uncle Ben,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I am glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you are pleased with work of Acronis True Image. Our team worked hard to create good and reliable software that works fine on many computers in the world.

Sharing your experience is very much appreciated. If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software or any further experience to share, please feel free to post any of them on this forum or submit a request for technical support. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

P.S. I have merged two threads you have started into one since they are concerning the same issue.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.