Rescue Media Builder doesn't work in Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by oelke, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oelke

oelke Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using True Image 10 Build 4871 which is supposed to be Vista compatible.
    But when I try to start the Rescue Media Builder (also tried as Admin) I always get a C++ Runtime-Error.
    Is this a known problem?
    I also tried to uninstall and install again but the problem remains.
    Any suggestions?

Andreas

2. jllamas

jllamas Registered Member

So this won't fix your problem, but know that you are not alone. I had the very same experience this morning when I wanted to restore my daughter's recently upgraded Vista system. (She somehow corrupted security on her documents file.) I thought, hey, no problem, I have the boot media disk that I created with Acronis...booted up and blow me down got a screen full of error messages. Grrrrr.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I doubt Vista is the culprit here since when you boot with the Rescue CD, it doesn't know or care what is on the hard drive.

4. oelke

oelke Registered Member

Ok, that also sucks but my problem is a bit different.
    I can't even create a rescue CD as the program to create it is crashing under Windows Vista.
    This way I'm feeling pretty unsafe in case of emergency.

5. jllamas

jllamas Registered Member

I get that but what I'm thinking is that when the recovery disk is being created, VISTA is not playing nice and something's not being written to the CD that is then causing the problem when I run the recovery disk.

I was able to restore my system using a recovery disk that I created under XP PRO and there has been NO hardware upgrades since I did that.

6. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Ah, I see what you're saying ... definitely could be the case. Probably not going to be the only reason to keep an XP system around. I know I'm not moving to Vista for at least a year and probably never at all.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello oelke,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please download and install the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

- Press the Start button, choose Run, type "drwtsn32" and press Enter;
    - In the dialog that appears check the Log File and Crash Dump paths, then press the OK button;
    - Reproduce the problem;
    - Pick up the user.dmp and drwtsn32.log files in the directory specified at step 2;

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jllamas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build (4940) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the issue persists, please describe the error messages you receive in more details (you could also use a digital camera and send me the image via PM).

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.