Rescue disk won't read from Maxtor OneTouch II/Firewire

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Robert_S, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert_S

Robert_S Registered Member

I've just backed up my HD with TrueImage to my Maxtor OneTouch II running on firewire. If I then run the recovery boot disk, it does not recognise my OneTouch. I momentarily get a message about the SBP2 module before the recovery screen appears.

Actually I think I know the answer to this one, but can't implement it. The Linux kernel on the rescue disk does not recognise this device. Later ones do. 2.6.16 definitely does and so does 2.6.15. I run a 2.6.16 kernel on one of my PCs and I use the option "serialize_io=0" when I load the SBP module, to access my OneTouch.

I have downloaded the latest update for TrueImage.

I have tried "acpi=off noapic" as suggested.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Robert,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information ('sysinfo.txt' file) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

Note that sometimes the sysinfo.txt file is not readable from under Windows. In this case please try entering the file name using capital letters (SYSINFO.TXT) or follow the instructions provided in this previous post of mine.

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post of mine explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive.

Keep your external FireWire hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information.

- Let us know the exact model of your external FireWire hard drive;

- Use digital camera to make a shot or provide the exact text of the message you receive;

- Let us know when you receive this message exactly.

Then please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating the you want to contact Mary Sukhodolskaya. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Mary will proceed with the investigation of this issue and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

P.S. As a possible workaround, we suggest that you try connecting your external hard drive via USB, if possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. Robert_S

Robert_S Registered Member

Thanks. Looks like a big job. I'll need to do it this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.