Rescue Disk will not boot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ragkag, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ragkag

ragkag Registered Member

Am using TI 10 and created a rescue disk with the safe (no usb) and full (with usb) options. After booting the rescue disk, I selected the full option, got the Acronis splash screen, then a black screen, then NOTHING. Rebooted with the safe option (no usb) and Acronis came up fine, but since I have my backups on a USB drive, I couldn't get to them. Any suggestions?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

See II in this link:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317

Be careful of the spelling, they aren't the same acronym.

I had the same problem on a machine and it went away after I upgraded the BIOS. I don't think the BIOS upgrade was the problem but I had to reset the BIOS to default values after loading the new one. After that, it worked. I should caution you this may have just been a rare occurance.

If your machine is overclocked etc put it to normal settings.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You probably have a usb device connected that it doesn't like. Disconnect all of them just to see if the CD will complete its boot up to the main display.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.