Rescue CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pjiv, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Has anyone successfully added files to the Rescue CD? Everytime I add something to it, it will not boot!

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

There's a whole topic on how to do this ... I've never attempted it myself. Do a search in the forum.

3. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

That is what I've been searching for - 2 days now. Do you have the link to the topic?

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello pjiv,

Firstly, please advise the kind of files are you're trying to add - Acronis image files or some other type?

Secondly, which version and build of True Image are you using?

Regards

5. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

I'm trying to add personal data on the disc. Text Files, and a couple of .exe files that I can't replace if lost. I back them up everywhere I can. I'm using True Image 9 Home latest build.

6. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Yes, you should be able to add files to the Rescue Media CD. I've been doing it with True Image Home 9 (US English) and now with version 10, build 4871. I routinely create the Rescue Media CD from within the installed program and then add the User Guide, True Image executable, AcronisMedia.iso and a copy of the invoice (PDF) to it using Roxio Easy CD Creator 6. In that manner I've got everything in one place.

My guess is that your success will depend on the capabilities of your burning software.

Do not attempt to put your personal files in the Recovery Manager folder. Just add them in addition to it.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

O.K. Thanks.

You can add files to an Acronis boot rescue CD via normal CD/DVD recording software such as Nero Burning ROM by electing to create a CD-ROM (ISO) data compilation and choosing the option to "Continue Multisession disc". As it is an ISO compilation, no individual file can be greater than 2000MB. Also, if you do not wish to record any further data onto the disk then ensure the disk is "finalised" as part of the burn process.

Regards

8. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Thanks, will try it that way. I was using MagicISO to add the files, and it keeps damaging the boot image. Will try to continue a multisession disc.

Same thing, would not boot. I did however solve this. I created a fresh restore cd and saved the boot info from within MagicISO, now I add files whenever I want, using another session, then load the boot image and save the iso again and it works. Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2006
  9. pjiv

pjiv Registered Member

Just an Update!

UltraISO will allow you to modify the AcronisMedia.ISO directly and add your files, then you can burn the CD and boot it. Best of all, if like me, you are just adding your Acronis Software and serial numbers to the CD for backup purposes, the trial version works great and is FREE! The trial version will only allow you to use 380MB ISO images... Anything larger and you have to purchase the program, which is not a bad thing either.

http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/

10. starsfan09

starsfan09 Registered Member

I've heard a lot of good things about "Ultra ISO" for years now. I'll check it out. Thanks for the link. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.