Rescue CD with laptop needs help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Charlie Wisc., Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Wisc.

Charlie Wisc. Registered Member

I've been using TI 9.0 ver. 2337 on my desktop for a few weeks. It works well, except for a continuing USB mouse problem (I have to use my keyboard move around on the boot CD's menu). Not a big deal.

So, I purchased & installed TI 9.0 ver 2337 on my new Dell Inspiron 6000laptop.

I burned a new Rescue CD on the laptop. It won't fully boot-up the laptop. I get some graphics, but then a black screen that hangs. A search of the forum suggested F11, then "quiet ide-detect=off" might enable a good boot. See: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=115644&highlight=boot disk

This workaround DOES work! But is there a fix, so I don't have to always do the F11 thing?

P.S.: my wireless laptop mouse doesn't work from the rescue cd. Fortunately the laptops finger-mouse does work.

Thanks for any help.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

If you have the wireless transmitter for the mouse connected to the laptop, disconnect it and try the boot cd again. TI does not play nice with wireless devices like a mouse and keyboard, and usb hubs.

3. William, NH

William, NH Guest

I too am having the problem on a desktop where I have to do the "F11 thing" in order to get the computer to boot from the recovery CD. The command that solved my problem is: quite acpi=off noapic

I would like a way to include this in the boot sequence so that I don't have to remember to enter it each time (hopefully it will be months or years between having to use the boot disk). Is it possible to edit the F11.cfg file and add the necessary command?

Thanks in advance for any help.

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Not sure whether it's still the case but, in the past, if you contacted support@acronis.com, provided proof of purchase, explained the problem/workaround, they would provide a download link to an ISO file containing the necessary command(s). You then burnt the ISO to CD as per one of the procedures that Acronis Support link to in their help file titled<Please Read Before You Post>.

Regards

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are really sorry for your inconveniences.

If you want to automate the process of booting with some special parameters then please do as it is suggested in point II of Acronis Help Post mentioned above my Menorcaman. To put it more precisely, please submit a request for technical support containing the detailed description of the issue along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will certainly provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.