Rescue Boot shows wrong Partition

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by niteghost, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niteghost

niteghost Registered Member

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/198/04/Apartition.png

Running B903 and the above is my layout of my HD. Created a reacue Boot disk at the time of installation and created another Boot disk after installation, but when I tried to Restore my Image, the Boot Disk shows a different Drive letter where I put my Backup Image, in >>>> Partition I
    But the Resue boot Disk shows my Backup image in Local disk E since I did not need to Restore , I did not take a chance on it. Please help.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello niteghost,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (full version) can display drive letters different from those you see in Windows, because Linux has its own rules of drive naming ( please see "Partition names"). Such a situation usually may arise after using partitioning software. This is absolutely normal and there is no need to worry about the difference in drive letters assignment.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. herojig

herojig Registered Member

that one got me too...scary...maybe a fix in a future update? thx. :eek:

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you give your drives or partitions names, you will know which partition you are looking at regardless of the drive letter.

If you name C: BOOT and D: DATA and E: EXTERNAL it won't matter what letters you see. BOOT is BOOT, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.