RequestPolicy discussion thread

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by MrBrian, Dec 10, 2014.

1. noone_particular

noone_particular Registered Member

Just out of curiosity, I temporarily allowed the request to example dot com in RP. All I see now is the green square.

2. Compu KTed

Compu KTed Registered Member

That would be correct. Only see green square.
    RequestPolicy is blocking jar URI's correctly if you only see a blue square according to poster.

3. inka

inka Registered Member

Yuki, you could add conditionals within shouldLoad() to whitelist requests matching a given "aContentType" or "aMimeTypeGuess".

noone, I haven't seen any indication that RPcontinued devs intend to SELL blocklist subscriptions.
    From what I've read, their intent was to make the extension "more accessible, less tech-y".
    Users can still create rules manually and/or (contribute to building and, eventually) subscribe to use community-built blocklists/whitelists.

"Policeman also is not compatible with Pale Moon"
    Incompatible, as in, someone has already tried: replace the (ends in 84) ff GUID string within policeman's install.rdf with palemoomoo's GUID string prior to install?
    ==edit==
    Ah, policeman utilizes the nsIContentPolicy content_type flags (revised in ff v29+) and palemoon is built from older ff codebase.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  4. 142395

142395 Guest

Thank you very much!;)
    I'll search for that entry in 1.x.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.