Request Policy 1.0 Alpha released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by kupo, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kupo

kupo Registered Member

form here -https://www.requestpolicy.com/1.0.html
    Pretty big changes, now I'm learning to use this new version. :D

2. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Looks interesting, I'll have to have a look at this. RP is good but could always do with a bit of improvement I always thought. Thanks for the link.

3. kupo

kupo Registered Member

The version one has a sticky UI (similar to Noscript in terms of when choosing what to allow/block, the context menu will not close in the first click.). I'm gonna wait for the beta though as this alpha still has an incomplete subscription.

4. Wroll

Wroll Registered Member

It's a nice update although I prefer the old UI. Another regression is the alphabetized blocked domains. With the stable version, if the site was looking broken it was usually the first domain which needed to be allowed. Now you have to exclude the known domains and allow by guessing if there are more unknown domains.

5. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I didn't notice that while testing, I have it off my Waterfox now :D. Maybe you could report it to him? I'm to lazy today, some devs that I contacted today for some bugs in the software still hasn't reply, LOL.

6. Daveski17

I've only had time today to have a precursory glance at it, but I more or less agree with what's been said above. I'm running it on a portable version of Firefox & apart from a few freezing problems (I blame the cheap crappy free work USB stick ... ) it looks interesting. I think it's going to need some work but I like what I see so far. I value RP as an important line of defence (after NoScript) so I would like to get as familiar with the new UI & format as I can.

7. Daveski17

Screenshot of GUI of 1.0.0 a7 update. 17/4/12.

RequestPolicy 1.0.0a7PEG.jpg

8. blaze x

blaze x Registered Member

Anyone using the alpha version in their main profile? or is everyone here using the stable version? And is the alpha version safe to use permanently for now? I like the fact you can permanently block certain domains, it makes it easier to use compared to the old version. Though, I do like the old interface better.

9. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Still using the stable version. What I love with this alpha is that you can allow multiple domains without refreshing the page with every clicks.

10. guest

guest Guest

Almost forgot I had RP here. I checked the Enable 'Temporarily Allow All Requests' when browser starts option some time ago. I will wait for v1 stable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.