Request info on Paragon Backup & Recovery

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Nikilet, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikilet

Nikilet Registered Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Vista Home Premium SP 2 -- 32 bit

I have been using Acronis for several years. Every time I do a backup, whether it be full or incremental, I have run the validation process. I purchased a 320 GB Iomega external hard drive and thought I was all set in case of disaster.

I had a disaster and couldn't use Acronis. I put the Acronis boot CD that I had made in and it opened fine, but I COULD NOT control my mouse so that I could select the Recovery option and in the end, I have a Dell PC with the "Factory Image Recovery" option which I had to use.

I am not alone in this mouse problem I had. Something to do with Linux kernel/drivers, etc. I don't understand it so can't explain it. Seems strange the company wouldn't have alerted new users to this possible problem.

Anyway, I'm looking for something else. I'm a novice and would like to get a little info on Paragon.

Is it correct that I can make a complete backup (clone) of my entire system and everything on it with Paragon -- just as with Acronis?

From what I read, I assume I have to make a bootable media for Paragon but use a USB flash drive instead of a CD. Is that correct?

If there are any little wrinkles like there were with Acronis, I would appreciate it if someone would advise. Had I kown about this mouse situation with Acronis I would have found a fix BEFORE I needed to use the recovery option, not after the fact when it was too late.
  2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Linux-based Paragon Recovery CD also has such issues with mouse & keyboard detection.

But Paragon provides WinPE based CD, which works perfectly with any mouse\keyboards. WinPE Cd is available almost for all non-free products.

Please refer to 'Compare editions' or 'Comparison' link for desired Paragon product and search for "Advanced Recovery Environment (WinPE *.* based)".
    If it is listed for the product you would like to have, there will be no issues with booting from CD for restore.
  3. routerguy99

routerguy99 Registered Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I too switched from acronis , I ended up with Paragon 10 home, WInpe works great, able to restore and backup (Dell Laptop)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.