Request for feedback regarding "keyboard Killer" from www.tooto.com

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by john2005, Dec 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john2005

john2005 Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any experience with "keyboard Killer" from www.tooto.com ? I have been trying the program for several days but it never seems to report anything at all. It has a "scan" button, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Does this program scan contiounisly when it is started, or do you have to actually click scan when you want to find something out ? There seems to be no help file and an email to the company has gone unanswered.

Is there a comercial demo or freeware keyboard logger that is safe to install that I could use to test keyboard killer ? Is there some simple way I can test this software just to get it to give an alert so that I know it is doing "something" ? The program is only a few KB in size, which makes me wonder how effective it can really be :)

Perhaps it is working fine and my system is clean (I hope so) but I would appreciate any feedback that anyone can offer on the program.

If you know of a similar program that you can recommend that works on windows 98, I would be interested in knowing about it. I am intersted in anything that can detect the presence of keyboard loggers and programs that can take snapshots of your screen. I am having a hard time finding something for windows 98.

Thanks for your help.
    John

2. scannerbrain

scannerbrain Guest

I tried Keylogger Killer a while back and it did ok. But I find Spycop to be a better all around anti-keylogger. SC will detect most of the available types of keyloggers, e.g. hook based and kernel based. Spycop still works on 98 too.

If you want to check for keyloggers with KK just click scan, and let it do a full scan. It can take a while, but that's the way to check your system for loggers. If it's not finding any that's good! That the results you want to get.

If you need keyloggers to test just go to download.com and download a few to see if KK will find them. I have found that KK does find quite a few, so it is a half way decent anti-keylogger.

Another good AK is Security Task Manager. It will work on 98 also. Not free but it's very hard to find good free anti-keylogger software that will work on 98. It is sad but a lot of software nowadays does seem to be moving away from the older OS's like 98/ME. But there are still a few good ones like SC and STM. It's just that you have to pay for them.

3. john2005

john2005 Registered Member

Hi Scannerbrain,

Thanks for your reply.

>Scannerbrain wrote:
    >If you want to check for keyloggers with KK just click scan, and let it do a >full scan. It can take a while, but that's the way to check your system for >loggers.

John2005:
    That's just it, when I click scan, nothing seems to happen, no hard drive activity, nothing on screen, nothing at all. It's not like when you click scan on an ant-virus and you can see and hear that it is doing "something".

My main concern is not so much with nuisance spyware that mainly just slows down your system and tracks surfing habits (I think spybot S & D, adaware, & webroots spysweeper do a pretty good job on those) My main concern is with trojans, hackertools, or something that can get my credit card number when I enter it online, or get my bank account password, personal email messages, business communications and/or projects, screen shapshots, etc..

Now that their hiding malware with rootkits, I think it's something to think about.

Anyway, thanks again for your reply, I will check out spycop and STM.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.