Request for Explicit Mozilla SeaMonkey Email Support

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by rnfolsom, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

Mozilla SeaMonkey (Browser plus Email, the successor to the original Mozilla Suite, which in turn was the successor to Netscape Communicator and the original Netscape) version 2.0.1 is now out.

Since Mozilla SeaMonkey's email component is VERY close to Mozilla Thunderbird email, I was disappointed to see (at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=261198)
    that NOD32-AV 4.2 Beta, although it does include explicit support for Mozilla Thunderbird email, does not include explicit support for SeaMonkey.

I'm guessing that it's possible (but I'm not a programmer) that the Thunderbird plugin would work for SeaMonkey also, but I haven't figured out a way to trick NOD 32 v4.0 into letting me try that.

This is not a major crisis, given that NOD32 v4.0 does include support for POP3 and POP3S email and NOD32 v4.2 probably does likewise. But for SeaMonkey users (e.g. me) it would be very nice if NOD32 v4.2 included explicit support for SeaMonkey email as well as for Thunderbird email.

One minor advantage to Eset's providing explicit SeaMonkey support would be that my outgoing email could (and would) be set to note that it had been checked by Eset's NOD32. Free advertising for Eset, as well as comfort for the recipients of my email.

Roger Folsom

2. estbird

estbird Eset Staff

You should know that there were made changes in default settings of adding tags into messages:
    From changelog:
    - Only emails with infected files will be tagged, by default.

I can tell you that NOD4.2 will not support SeaMonkey. We know that Tb and Sm are similar. Our developers have to examine how much work would be required to add support for Seamonkey. Probably in some next version but we can't promise that. Seamonky is less used then Thunderbird. We are adding support for email clients by order usage email clients.

3. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

estbird:

Thanks for your response. Of course I'm disappointed, but I understand Eset's need to set priorities.

Cordially, Roger Folsom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.