Request concerning Update Announcement

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by siliconman01, Feb 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siliconman01

siliconman01 Registered Member

Jason,

When you issue the announcement for the next update, could you be so kind as to tell us if any of the Default groups have changed. If they have not, then we can save off the Groups folder in total and restore it after the update is installed. That way any program that had to be accepted on various items in the Default groups will be retained and we will not have to "authenticate" them again. NOTE: I think my premise is correct. If not, please straighten me out. :eek:

Thanks much!

2. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hi siliconman,

none have been added yet, but I am in discussion with a few testers about it. In the future it may be best to add any custom rules you do to another registry group so that it will not be overwritten with new ones. :)

3. siliconman01

Oh, I have created/installed my own custom groups and am adding nothing to the Default Groups supplied by RegDefend. I'm referring to applications that get permission/installed by the user in the "Application Permissions Override" area for the Default Groups. These get lost on a RegDefend Update installation and have to be re-invented. ;)

4. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Ah indeed you are correct. How many items do you have in your list?

5. siliconman01

11 in Auto Starts
    0 in Special Registry Items

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.