REQ: Wishlist for NTFS for Mac® OS X 9...

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by Defenestration, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

1) Support for extended attributes so they are stored in NTFS streams, rather than in separate dot files.

2) Automatic filename translation of characters that Windows Explorer considers illegal. Quote from Tuxera's NTFS for Mac latest release 2010.12-RC:

3) Option to disable creation/access of all OS X folders created on the ntfs volumes (.fseventsd, .Trashes and .ds_store). When I plug my NTFS drive into my Mac, I don't want any files being created that I don't create myself.

4) Test and optimize when running a VMware Fusion Virtual Machine off of an NTFS partition (using Paragon NTFS driver). It's already fast, but I won't complain if it can be made faster.

5) Fix the bug where all NTFS partitions appear as Compressed in Disk Utility, when they are not.

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Without this, Paragon NTFS for Mac is no longer fully compatible with Snow Leopard, as a component in SL now creates file names/folder names containing characters which aren't supported by Windows. This means that those files/folders cannot be accessed/deleted from within Windows, since it will just complain that the filename is invalid. A fix for this is needed ASAP!

3. Mephist

Mephist Paragon Support

1) This feature will be implemented soon.
    2) Under consideration.
    3) These system files are NOT useless. Why should we delete them? Moreover, they are hidden. If they annoy you just turn off "show hidden files" option on your PC.
    4) we will do our best.
    5) unfortunately, this is an Apple's bug(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.