Replacing MSCT

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Techlogi, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Techlogi

Techlogi Registered Member

I have used Microsoft shared computer toolkit for a few years and it's worked great and saved me a couple of times from system crashes due to one thing or another. I would like to upgrade to W7 64 (new PC) but MSCT is not compatible so I need something similar which will allow me to run games (full use of graphics card and memory) and save the state until I wish to reset the partition and wipe everything after several or more restarts. I also would like it to be able to reset the partition from the recovery screen (F5 on my PC). If this is not available then an imaging or backup program will have to do, so any suggestions on a relatively fast one, when restoring, would be nice, thanks.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

with Win7 you have built it in full system image backup/restore

3. Techlogi

When you say a full restore you mean totally everything, so if I had viruses etc on the PC they would be totally removed and some files, folders and reg keys wouldn't be left the same? So nothing like the crappy XP system restore?
    Any idea of about how long a restore of drive C takes if C only has the operating system on it?

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Techlogi

OK, thanks for the reply. I guess I'm going to have to get used to waiting when I restore the drive It only takes a restart with Microsoft Shared Computer Toolkit. :(

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello Techlogi,
    you may want to look at Drive Vaccine or rollback RX
    I havent used eiether of those products but plenty of people on these forums seem to like rollback rx and it seems like the sort of product your looking for.
    you create a snapshot and then you press an f key at start up and in a short amount of time it will restore it.

7. Techlogi

Thanks lodore, this might be just what I'm looking for. I'll do some investigating and make a decision. :)
    How did I miss this? I Googled loads of word selections but never found this.

RollBack Rx looks like the dogs Blks, it does everything I want and loads more! $69 -25%, not too expensive, either.

After watching this video twice, I'm wondering why doesn't everyone use this. I am definitely going to get this. Thanks again, Lodore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2GiOkn42CE

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.