Replacement Keycode Has Been Issued

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by PC_Fiddler, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC_Fiddler

PC_Fiddler Registered Member

I'm trying to cleanup a laptop for a relative, it's badly infected & Mbam has found over 1600 threats for example - I have a 3 user SecureAnywhere I bought last year in my cupboard & have attempted to activate it. It does seem that the junk on it was attempting to prevent anything from, running & I entered the key-code then some malware put a screen full of junk up & I probably missed the new code?

I now get the message 'Replacement Keycode Has Been Issued Error' - The PC did have an expired SecureAnywhere on but now has a new owner (his sister) so I have no idea what his Webroot account was etc - How can I find out what the new code is as SecureAnywhere will not remove any threats until it's activated?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

The replacement keycode will work without needing a different activation - you can see it under My Account within the UI. Replacement keys might be issued automatically on-install if the previous key was an older ~2010-2011 keycode.

3. PC_Fiddler

The problem is that it was an old 3 user 2011 version I had but unused & a new key-code was issued & it activated OK but then the PC crashed (blue screened) big time during the initial SecureAnywhere scan & when I eventually got it to boot after restoring the old registry etc & much faffing about only the old key-code shows in the console which has expired so I have no idea what the new key is as I never actually got to see it.

Attempting to install the original key now shows it's invalid as it's been updated - Is there any way I can find out what the new key is? As in from the original key.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  4. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

5. PC_Fiddler

Thanks for that Dermot7 I'll do that :argh:

6. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

1: Try to register the old key in the web console. It should work and then viewing the keycodes will show the new one.
    2: There may be a file on the desktop that contains the new keycode.
    3: If all else fails, support will find it for you.

7. PC_Fiddler

A console was never made as she was a new user & WSA only ran for a few seconds before it was terminated & there was no time to notice what the key was - I've contacted support to see if the new key can be obtained - It was the last of my older WSA's I had so the problem wont re-occur again anyway - :D

8. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Chances are that support has already assisted you by now. That being said:

1:
    https://my.webrootanywhere.com/registration.aspx

That is where you put your OLD key that you state you have. You don't need the program or the new key for this process.

2:
    The moment it changes the key, WSA places a file on the desktop called ... (drumroll please):
    New Webroot Keycode.txt

It contains:
    This new key must be used on all future installations of Webroot software:

<New Key>

Thank you for upgrading!

<Old Key>

Now other people have the power to help themselves sooner without having to wait a short time for a support response.

9. PC_Fiddler

@Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms Fox - Thank you for your most helpful post - I was able to create an account with the original key & then retrieve the new one from within the console - Just afterward I also got a reply from support too - :D You live & learn!

10. shadek

shadek Registered Member

I wonder, how did it go cleaning up the malware?

11. PC_Fiddler

It cleaned up well including a couple of root-kits after a couple of re-boots, the PC was owned by a 16 year old lad which probably explains why it was so messed up, & it's working perfectly now - I actually used one of my spare keys until I got a reply from support/on here - I'm very impressed with the latest version & personally consider it to be the best! :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.