Repeated Disk analyais in same session

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HarryPutnam, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryPutnam

HarryPutnam Registered Member

Using both 9 or 10 I see a message when I fist start aconis that it is analyzing disks. Unless I remember to disconnect any USB mass storage this can take a long time.

Why are disks analyzed before acronis knows what I want done?

Then when I do tell acronis to back up a specific disk... I see another pause while ALL disks are again analyzed.

Would'nt it make more sense to hold off on all the time wasting analysis until acronis knows what it is to do then analyse that disk or disks?

2. Tabvla

Tabvla Registered Member

This process should not take a long time and therefore ATI "pre-viewing" the environment should not be an issue.

My gut-feel is that there is a conflict here. The primary culprit for suspicion would be your Anti-Virus software. Other suspects could be any "watchdog" type processes associated with programs that monitor for SpyWare, Adware...etc or programs that perform file indexing such as Windows or Google desktop.

Suggest that you do the following: -

• Disconnect from the Internet
    • Disable your monitoring programs one at a time
    • Keep trying until you find the culprit

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HarryPutnam,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that when you start Acronis True Image it analyzes all the connected hard drives to gather the information about supported storage devices and the hard disk(s) partition structure. As Tabvla mentioned it should not take a long time. Therefore, I would recommend that you download the latest version of Acronis drivers, unpack the archive, install unpacked MSI package and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Replace C:\WINDOWS\system32\snapapi.dll with the one from the downloaded SnapAPI archive;

- Reproduce the issue and collect the log file;

- Get the log file without closing any application windows (including the error message windows if there are any). The log file will be created at C:\ . The name of the log file will be snapapi [date-time].log

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post and make a screen shot of the Device Tree application the way described in this previous post of mine. Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. HarryPutnam

HarryPutnam Registered Member

Sorry I missed this important post... and have just posted another question about disk analyzing before noticining your answer... I will follow recomendations in yuor post and thanks for the detailed response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.