Repair corrupt image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mikebob, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikebob

mikebob Registered Member

I've spend an hour or so searching and reading all of the threads on corrupt images. What I gather is if you have a corrupt image you are out of luck. I have a incremental back up that contains 15 parts. It seems as though the base image is good, as are the last four or five. I've had a disk failure, so naturally I want to recover my latest data. Is there anyway to do this?
    Thanks,
    Mike

TI v. 8
    Windows XP SP2
    Base image size is 16G
    The incrementals vary from 3 gig to 250 meg

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mikebob,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

You may restore the initial (full) image and all subsequent incrementals up to the corrupted one. Also you may try to explore any incremental if you have all images (i.e. the full one and all the incrementals) in one folder and extract the necessary files from there. Usually if it is possble to explore the image it is possible to extract most of the files in it.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. cgf

cgf Registered Member

Hello

In case it helps : I have had some times when I could nor restore an image from Windows (declared corrupted)
    But when I booted in safe mode then the image was accepted as good and I could reinstall it!

JP

4. mikebob

mikebob Registered Member

Thanks for reply Ilya. When I try to explore the image, I recieve an error saying that there was an I/O error. I'm pretty sure my last incremental is ok, as is my base image. I was wonder if there was a way to edit the last incremental (the 15th in my case) so that it thinks that it is the first incremental and I can extract my lastest data.
    Thanks,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.