renewal

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by piranha, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piranha

piranha Registered Member

i need to renew nod32 licence, can i buy from eset web site or i have to buy from a reseller from Canada (more expensive !)

In fact, i need 4 licences for 2 years for family members and me !

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

you can buy from any north american reseller, or from ESET directly.

3. piranha

does the new licence start immediately at the end of the old one or from the date we give ID and PW ? or from the date we received ID and PW ?

I think I remembered having lost a week of licence to have them enter too much early.

4. webyourbusiness

if you provide the correct username/password for the software, then the licensing system can correctly add the extra licensing term (1 or 2 years) to the end - at least that's how it works in the USA and Canada.

Basically, as long as you have the license information correctly provided, you will not lose any time - you can renewal before without a problem and after expiration up to 60 days. the ESET licensing system has been improved for renewals - it used to be that we had to know the correct date to enter it manually - now it does a lookup and adds the time to the end of the existing license (much better).

5. piranha

thanks you for the information ;) :D

6. piranha

Yesterday, I bought 4 licences by the Eset store. Before renew, we have to give nod32 licence ID, i gave mine.

Automaticcaly, my licence is already updated to june 15 2013 :D but.... What about the 3 others ? I didnt received yet renew ID and PW for other members of my family

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

your username and password should work on the others as well.

8. piranha

o_O that is a new renewal procedure o_O we had 4 different ID for our licences !!o_O how can Eset servor can know the old and the new ones......

9. rekun

rekun Registered Member

If you have provided 4 IDs, they have all been extended. If you have provided 1 ID, that ID is upgraded to a 4 user license

You nolonger gets new licenses, the old ones is just extended

10. webyourbusiness

That sounds correct. If possible you only want 1 license for 4 computers instead of 4 licenses for 1 computer - it is a lot less hassle to deal with! ;)

11. piranha

If I have to use the same renewal ID for each of 4 pc why I received e-mail like this...

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your ESET software purchase.

This is your order confirmation message. It is the first of two emails you will receive. A second registration message will arrive shortly and will contain your username, password and instructions for downloading.

the 2nd registration message didnt contain 4 username a password

it seems to be automatic e-mail but it could be more clear..... :thumbd:

I was hoping a moderator answer to my question but thinks I will have to e-mail customer service

12. webyourbusiness

We are only guessing at what you actually did... you may not have successfully upgraded your license to 4-users, so I recommend that you contact ESET customers support, they can lookup your records and tell you what you did - and if you provide the other licenses you had, then they can stop any renewal notices that you might be getting for those (because from the ESET online store, there is no way to provide the licenses you are combining, and you can continue to get notices about those - our system allows opt-out, I don't know if the ESET system does, I expect it does).

13. piranha

I confirmed that I provided only one ID. It seems that the 4 licences are linked up between them. Because by giving only one licence, a second renewed automatically. I saw by me eyes ! No new ID and PW and 2 more years was added.

Eset customer car tried to call me about this issue but i stil didnt received new ID and PW and it seems I dont need them....

14. piranha

you are right !! :thumb:

I called tech support and and they confirmed that i have now one ID and PW for 4 computers

it is still strange that 2 pc updated automaticaly and the 2 others dont...... anyway, all ID and PW will be change and everything will be ok.

15. piranha

i resolved the mystery....

I used my mother's laptop at my home. May be Eset server detected it as my pc and renewed the licence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.