Renewal - Username/Password did not retain

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by McCartyRL, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCartyRL

McCartyRL Registered Member

Purchased a multi-seat renewal license for NOD32 2.7.39. Entered the new Username and Password into the Update page. Initial update worked as expected. Next day booted PC and noticed that NOD32 did not perform it's usual update at boot. Checked the Update section and noticed the username field was empty(?). Re-entered Username and updated worked. Rebooted the PC to check if Username/Password was "Sticky". Seemed to retain the username. Since I updated several PCs I'm concerned that the Username and Password is not being retained properly on entering renewal information.

Known issue or just one of those quirky things that happens with software ?

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. McCartyRL

Yes, U/P was entered from the Setup section of the NOD32 UI. It was done as a cut-&-paste from the license email. Guess I need to check one of the other machines and verify the license data was retained to see if this is a issue or just an isolated problem with the one computer.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please check the Registry Permissions:

1. Click on Start

2. Click on Run

3. Type in regedit

4. Click on OK

5. Right Click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

6. Click on Permissions

7. Click on Advanced

8. On the “Permissions” tab and make sure at the bottom of this window the following lines are ticked:

• Inherit from parent the permission entries that apply to child objects. Include these with entries explicitly defined here.

• Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects.

After the above, please try reinstalling a FRESH copy

Cheers :D

5. McCartyRL

Thanks - permissions are OK. I checked the other two PCs and both retained the U/P and did the expected update check at boot. Not sure why the one PC didn't hold the Username. I did a 2nd reboot on the problem computer and it seems to be retaining the license info. ( For now ? ).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.