Renewal Question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Albinoni, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

When my NOD32 expires and I need to renew it, what do I do:

1. Do I just buy a new license key and use that.
    2. Is the renewal cost cheaper than what I paid when I bought it brand new.
    3. Do I need to re-download a whole new prog and use that.
    4. After my license has expired how long have I got before it expires.

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

1. renewals are cheaper
    2. your renewal is normally just a replacement username/password
    3. installation of the new username and password runs until the renewal ends
    4. during your current and/or renewal periods, you receive all updates AND upgrades
    5. once your license expires, you can't get updates, but the software still works "as-is" - but an out of date AV solution is not that useful

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Some points worth mentioning are that for the last two years I have received (as all should) Online Notices about 10 days ahead of Expiration; The Purchase Link on the NOD32 Home Page offers a Purchase Option-Renewal choice that is easy to complete. A New User ID and Password received via Email (after you've enter the Payment Page data) should Replace the Former via the Update/SetUp Buttons on the Control Center; The New License email will state (did for me) a license period from the Renewal Date, not the actual expiration date. At that point you can email Support and try for a date correction or, if not helped, declare war on Bratslavia. I chose to donate my lost week to NOD32 for the betterment of mankind. Also, I think Renewals ought to be a Sticky written with Blackspear-type clarity; It's too basic a question not to be readily accessed.

4. webyourbusiness

Cosmo26,

fwiw, if you renew with a reseller, you can enter your details and have your renewal expiry be correct from the outset - one less step...

hth

Greg

5. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

Thanks, Greg. A Re-seller never occurred to me but a missed week via Direct Purchase is not a big deal for the benefits received in NOD32. That's another good reason, though, for a Renewal Sticky as some like me may not have paid attention to the Partners Tab on ESET's Home Page and known that's a route to renewing.

6. webyourbusiness

well the partners tab hasn't been updated in over 14 months - that's how long we've been a reseller, and we're not listed there (sore point) - however, the newer, bigger, brighter website that Eset is rolling out (some time) - will hopefully fix that.

I'm also hopeful that the new website offered by Eset has renewals that PROPERLY update... but I can't say for sure. I know I'm planning on rolling out a much better renewal system for OUR clients, but it's all hush-hush at the moment! ;)

7. rjprice

rjprice Registered Member

Another way round this long-standing bug is always to renew a day or two late (I wish I'd remembered to do that this year). Of course you have to trust yourself to perform sufficiently safe hex not to get infected by something very new within that period. Or, for those more organised than I am, renew on the date.

Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.