Renew or change AV for my Home Family PC´s

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hckyo, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

Hello, i´m new here at wilders, I have been just an expectator for more than 3 months looking the answers of particulary topics, now I´m wondering if I can get a little help.

I have tested eset, avira, avg, avast, bitdefender, kaspersky, vipre, Gdata, MSE, and others...

Right now I´m still using ESET, but I have had some problems with the detection of it, and it let pass a pair of trojans a couple of days ago and my MBAM destroy them, has slowdown the performance of the PC and sincerely I´m concerned about the security of them.

the pc´s are 3 desktop with Core 2 Duo E7500, 3 GB ram, Windows 7 x86
    and 3 notebooks with similar features ( core 2 duo 1.8 GHZ, 3 gb ram Windows 7 x86)

So what I´m trying to decide is to still renew the licenses of Eset of my pc´s or to focus on another option like Avira Premium 10, I have read some good opinion of the new version 10, but I want if somebody can give a kind of advice or an experience between these 2 softwares, cause I have used them and its kind of difficult to me to decide wich one I might use.

Thanxs for your atention and if I´m breaking any rule please tell me
    Regards.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

There is a policy on this site asking members not discuss how one AV performs against another.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=180128

A quick search of the forums will give you plenty opinions on the merits, or lack of it, of almost all AV you mentioned :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.