Renew NOD32 NOT ESET NOD32..........how?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by User_1900, Feb 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. User_1900

User_1900 Registered Member

I'd like to renew my subscription to NOD 32 (version 2.7). From the website link shown below

http://www.eset.com/purchase/index.php

I can only select to renew ESET NOD32, which as I found out 2 months ago, is not the same as what I have!

Do I need to call or can I do it SOMEHOW onlineo_O? I'd strongly prefer the online option.:D

Please let me know soon as I've got a week left.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. User_1900

Yes, I am aware of that, and I want to do just that! But those are just options to Purchase....there's no hint of the word Renewal.

Please don't tell me that I have to repurchase and start over from square 1!

Is this the way renewing works:
    - just purchase a renewal
    - enter new password/username
    - DONE!

Or do I have to remove the existing version and re-install from scratch?:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought renewing would be a sinch, which is why I have left it to the LAST MINUTE!!!!!!

4. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Can't you renew for $27.99 under Eset NOD32 Antivirus? What problem
    are you having?

5. User_1900

That's ESET NOD32, not just NOD32(which is what I want). Or is it the same for renewing?

6. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Normally you get an email a month before it expires with a link to buy a renewal license. Did it 2 days ago myself. Check your spam filters of the address you bought the original license under.

You get a new user-name and password to replace the old one. Just over-type the old user-name and password and off you go for another year. No uninstall or reinstall at all.

Not sure what you mean by "NOD32" and "Eset NOD32" though. Eset makes NOD32. Bit like saying i want "Windows" but not "Microsoft Windows"! If you have 2.7 installed and want to continue with 2.7 instead of upgrading to 3.0 then you can do that.

Do you mean you want Eset NOD32 Anti Virus but not Eset Smart Security (AV, Anti Spam and Firewall)?

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Eset is the name of the company. NOD32 is the name of the antivirus.
    When you renew, you'll get a new username and password. Replace your current
    username and password with the new username and password. That's all you have to do.

8. User_1900

9. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

The license for Eset Nod32 works for both 2.7 and 3.0. There is NO distiction between them. If you are running 2.7 you just have to buy a license for NOD32 Anti Virus and you can continue using 2.7. You can upgrade to 3.0 when you want and if you don't like it go back to 2.7 with the same license. If you had a multi-PC license you could have 2.7 on one machine and 3.0 on another.

For the Anti Virus forget about this "ESET NOD32" and "NOD32" business. They are the same thing. There is only version 2.7 and version 3.0. As stated before buy a license for NOD32 Anti Virus (not Smart Security) and you'll still be able to use 2.7....

10. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

11. User_1900

:thumb: Alright, that clears things up. Thanks for the help.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.