Removing TrueImage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by como, Dec 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. como

como Registered Member

The user manual states

"2.5 Removing the program

To remove Acronis True Image from your PC, select Acronis →True Image → Remove Acronis True Image in the Programs menu. You will see a dialog to confirm the program removal. Click Yes to confirm and Acronis True Image will be completely removed. You may have to reboot your computer afterwards to complete the task."

This does not work for me, if I follow this instruction a message appears stating TrueImage is being removed followed by a message that TrueImage could not be removed. The same happens when trying to remove the program from Add and Remove Programs in windows

I assume this is because there are three TrueImage processes running and so you should remove the program by booting to safe mode.

Following threads in this forum I tried to remove build 776 before installing build 786, in the end I used the Update/Repair option on the set up screen and TrueImage seems to work perfectly, however when booting from the full version of the boot cd I have no mouse curser with my PS/2 mouse

If I boot from the build 776 cd the mouse works

I am waiting for support to fix this

Some time ago Andrew from support was going to post instructions on removing TrueImage manually was this ever posted?

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi Como

I'm afraid it wasn't and I suspect it's a little more difficult than first imagined.

Use a third party installation monitoring utility such as "Total Uninstall" and you will discover that TI spreads it's tentacles far and wide. Manually getting rid of all TI files and registry entries without crippling other Acronis applications turns out to be a real pain in the proverbial!!

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.