Removing Symantec AntiVirus Corporate

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Patrician, Feb 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrician

Patrician Registered Member

My company has a customer that we have sold on F-Secure business edition and who is at the moment running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate. Unfortunately he has forgoten the password he set when he installed Symantec and so cannot uninstall it. I know there is removal tool for NAV and NIS and I remember seeing a while back that there was the equivilent for SAV, however I cannot seem to find it now.

Anybody here have a link where to downkload it from?

TIA,
    Trev

2. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

3. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

What version of SAV is it? If it is 9 or below I have the NoNav.1.2.3.924.exe

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  4. YeOldeStonecat

YeOldeStonecat Registered Member

Along the Shorelines somewhere in New England
    If this is for the client install, the default password is "symantec"

If you can get into the MMC on the server, you can easily change it
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...2002726fd?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam&seg=en

If you don't have the password for the MMC...I had run across this before...and found an article on Symantec website on how to change the SAV password...it's a quick registry change made on the server. However....this morning I cannot find that article in Symantecs support center....only the articles for Netware server password changes, not Windows server. I'm sort of out of time..gotta hit an onsite, but maybe someone can spend a few minutes there and find it..I know they had an article which showed you how to easily change it in the registry...as I'd used it before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.