Removing Context Menu items in Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by yogishree, Oct 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yogishree

yogishree Registered Member

Can anyone suggest how to remove certain context menu items under Windows Explorer. I do see items like "Scan with TDS-3" , "Copy using LeechGet" , "Browse with FastStone" etc in my Context Menu which i want to remove.

While TDS-3 has long since uninstalled by me , LeechGet & FastStone are with me but I do not require the related menu items.

I remember seeing some program for doing this but do not seem to lay my hands on it when i require it now.

I am on WIN ME with Kerio 2.1.5 , Avast 4.6 . SpyBot , Default browser is Opera 8.5.

Thanks in advance.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. yogishree

Sorry , this does not seem to be working.

Many of the programs like FastStone etc do not seem to have been recognized by the program and the ones like LeechGet & TDS-3 - though recognized - continue to exist on the ContextMenu even after using the program for their deletion.

Any other suggestions ?

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

maybe this. bottom of the page. Attributes Context Menu
    http://www.cognitive-software.com/shlext.php

CONTEXT MENU EDITOR..........Context Menu Editor can view and delete links to programs on your context menus (the popup menus you see when you right-click). Context Menu Editor does not delete the programs, it just removes them from your menus. Menu deletions cannot be undone so please use with care - you may need to reinstall your software if you want them back. Context Menu Editor can view and delete menu items for right clicking on files, right clicking on folders and right clicking in Internet Explorer. Try Context Menu Editor today to see just how clean your menus can be!
    on the left of the screen
    http://www.bartdart.com/

MMM
    http://www.hace.us-inc.com/

Last edited: Oct 4, 2005
  6. yogishree

Interesting read that.

However am glad in inform all that I have been able to solve the problem for most of the unrequired items via their respective programs themselves where ContextMenuView seems to have been opted for - either by default OR by self inadvertently .

The problem which still continues is that of TDS-3 , a program which is no longer on my HD since long .Tried removal of this thru help of above link provided by Ron : RUN >> REGEDIT >> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT >> tds3 ;a couple of entries were found and deleted these also but the offending entry on the pop-up menu continues unchanged.

Will try Icen's suggestions now and see if some tangible results could be obtained.

Thx for all the help , pals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.