Removing Acronis Secure Zone problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by NewScience, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewScience

NewScience Registered Member

Cannot delete select images from Secure Zone. It's all or nothing.

So I reboot and use TI from boot up menu.

Delete Secure Zone.

Remake Secure Zone area.

Reboot.

Now I have two Secure Zones. Acronis Secure Zone and Acronis Secure Zone(2).

Delete Acronis Secure Zone. Rename Acronis Secure Zone(2).

Why is this happening?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello NewScience,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please be aware that backups saved to Acronis Secure Zone are deleted automatically if required. Pease see my reply in another thread you started for further details.

As for the problem with deleting Acronis Secure Zone, please make sure that you use the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3567.

Note that you should create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

After installing the update please re-activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager using Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager tool accessible via the main program window, reboot the computer into Acronis Startup Recovery Manager and try to delete Acronis Secure Zone once more. Boot into Windows then and see if Acronis Secure Zone has been actually deleted.

If the problem still persists, i.e. Acronis Secure Zone is still there, and you use Norton GoBack then please try ttemporarily disabling it and see if the problem still persists (see this FAQ article for further details).

If disabling Norton GoBack does not help either then please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Describe the way you delete Acronis Secure Zone in detail;

- Do you receive any error, warning or informational messages upon the Acronis Secure Zone deletion?

- Are you able to delete Acronis Secure Zone when the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home is running from under Windows?

- Are you able to delete Acronis Secure Zone when your computer is booted from Bootable Rescue CD created using the latest build (3567) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home?

- Where Acronis Secure Zone is located?

Please submit a request for technical support. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.