Removed Floppy Drive But On My Computer....

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by subhrobhandari, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Three days ago I changed my PC Case and as I dont have slot for Floppy in the new one, I ditched my floppy drive. But My Computer still shows it and if I right click the floppy icon, the explorer almost hangs and after 5 minutes of showing hourglass it returns to normal. However how can I remove the floppy drive from showing in my computer and possible remove all traces of it peacefully? As I know, this would probably need to uninstall from device manager. Am I right? I have already added two screenshots for explanation.

Attached Files:

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Yes, uninstall from Device Manager, that should get rid of the driver remnants.

3. subhrobhandari

Just thought so, uninstalled Standard Floppy Disk Controller and it's done.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

btw you may want to go to the motherboard manfacurer website and download the lastest chipset driver to solve the smbus controller driver issue as shown in your device manager screenshot.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Maybe. If it comes back after a reboot make sure floppy drive is set to "none" in your motherboard BIOS.

6. subhrobhandari

It same back and now it's removed. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.