Removed Ewido "Infected Object" Removed ISP!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by MarshallO, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarshallO

MarshallO Registered Member

I have Ewido Security Suite 3.5, and under "C:\Program Files\Netscape Internet Service\Dialer.exe", it keeps finding an "Infected Object" called "Heuristic.Win32.dialer". However, when I removed that "Infected Object," I also COMPLETELY LOST my Netscape ISP (its dialer disappeared!)! I had to reload the Netscape ISP software all over again. Since I reloaded the ISP software from a CD, it seems highly unlikely that it has any spyware attached to it, yet Ewido STILL finds the aforementioned "Infected Object". Somewhere, I read that Ewido sometimes finds FALSE "Infected Objects", and I think that this might be one of them (NONE of my other security programs--Avast!, Ad-Aware, or Spybot--have found any infections). Can anyone advise me on this? Thank you very much!

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Just use the "Send suspicious file" link from the main window in Ewido, since it's a heuristic detection. Anyway you could just have restored it from Quarantine. ;) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.