Remove v3 context menu options

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ditoa, Dec 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ditoa

ditoa Registered Member

Hello all. I reinstalled Windows yesterday and decided to upgrade to NOD32 v3 as it was a free upgrade. So far I love it, the UI is clean and still fast. However I cannot for the life of me work out where the option is to disable the context menu options for on-demand scanning.

Has this option been removed? I am sure it was available in v2. I don't really want to start messing around with context menu editors, I would just rather do it "officially" via the NOD32 options. Is this possible?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello!

I don't remember for such an option in v2's setup . There might have been something during the installation , I don't remember .

There is not such thing in v3 . You can do it with utility like Autoruns (by Microsoft) and disable ESET's context menu entries . A reboot will be necessary to "unload" them .

3. ditoa

ditoa Registered Member

Hey. I just installed 2.7 in an XP VM and you're are right, the option is only available during installation.

I don't like the "advanced options" entry with v3 as it makes my context menu even bigger. Also the text entry for an on-demand scan is unnecessarily long. They should just have "Scan with NOD32".

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hey!

You use Virtual Machine , most likely you know of Autoruns and will have no problems to use it :thumb:

5. vassie

vassie Registered Member

Hello

You can remove it by deleting the following registry key

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}

Remember, MAKE A BACKUP FIRST!!

I have included a backup, just in case

Ben

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.