remove these two?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ams963, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

Can I remove these two?

Attached Files:

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

sure, IF you have no use for them.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I actually do not no if I have any use for them. I don't even know what problem I should face if I remove them.

4. moontan

moontan Registered Member

image your system.

if you FUBAR your system, restore the image. ;)

Imaging, it's my solution for all the aggravations i inflict on my machine.lol

5. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I removed the Indexing service ages ago, since I never search my drive except by file name, not file content.

With regard to the Management services, most of them I never use, particularly the performance/efficiency monitors. But if I remember correctly, the Events logs are included in the package, and you'd probably want to hang onto those for troubleshooting, even if (as I do) you clear them once a week or so, and I don't think there's any way to keep those and dump the rest.

6. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

The only one I know much about is the Indexing Service. It creates an index of your documents and files which theoretically creates faster searches by searching the index rather than all over the drive. It's like looking at a book's index to find something as opposed to just flipping through the whole book. But it doesn't index system files, so if you typically do a lot of searches for those you're really not benefited much. Mainly it'll speed up searches of your personal files and folders.

7. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I seriously doubt you need any part of the Management an monitoring thing. I used to use the indexing service on XP, but you have to configure it to make it work. If you have not then you don't need it either, and there are many desktop search products that will work better than anything built in.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Okay thanks guys. I've removed Indexing Service. I have not removed the Monitoring and Management thing. I still don't know if I need it. Can you guys just say it for sure if I would need it? :)

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If you're not sure, why not just leave it there? What are you gaining by removing it?

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Well I wanna get rid of useless stuffs and let my system breathe nice and quiet. :)

11. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok... Well, I doubt you'd need the monitoring stuff, as others have mentioned. You could remove it, and if you had problems, then reinstall it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.