Remove Google Sidebar

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pandlouk, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Yesterday, I came across with the new Google Sidebar and I now understand why so many people hate it. It is intrusive and very very distractive for my taste (because of the bright colors of the icons and the relative small distance between the sidebar and the results).

During the search of how to remove it I came across with the following statement of a Google Employee http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Web Search/thread?tid=0aefa4102bf3a0c7&hl=en :
    And I am wondering what kind of arrogant statement is that? People say that it makes their search experience worst and they respond that it actually improves it.
    Good to know that Google knows better my taste than myself :rolleyes: and desides what is best on my behalf. :gack:

From now on I'll permanently switch to Bing as my primary search engine.

Anyway, apart from this little rant, the main reason of the post is to inform you, that for Firefox users is now easy to hide/unhide the sidebar in an elegant way. Just download the Add-on "Google Search Tab Remover".

Panagiotis

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Greg S

Greg S Registered Member

Agree, I changed to Yippy/Clusty

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  4. allizomeniz

allizomeniz Registered Member

5. culla

culla Registered Member

the addons for firefox work but because i use a black background they leave a bright white line on the left so i switched to google mobile it doesn't have the arrogant google sidebar :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.