Remove deleted images from restore selection list

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by flohh, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flohh

flohh Registered Member

Hi
    I have a full backup and two differential backup made with ATI 9.1. Now I have deleted the older differential backup manually (right click on the file and delete). How can I now remove the entry from the restore list. The deleted image is still listed if i choose the new differential backup in ATI Management Console. Is there any kind of history or index?
    Thanks

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello flohh,

I don't know whether there is a way to fix that, but it may turn out to be an academic question when you consider that (true for TI9 Home) any successive differential will be unable to validate as soon as you delete a previous differential appended to the same base full. Your findings may be related to this bug, recently converted into a regular feature with an amendment to the latest edition of the TI9 Home User's Guide.

To avoid problems I would suggest you limit yourself to just one differential per full or opt for incrementals instead.

3. flohh

flohh Registered Member

Hi bVolk
    Thanks for your answer. I don't think there is a problem if I delete one differential image if it is not the last one. Restoring from just the last differential image an the full image is no problem.
    Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using the latest update of ATI 9.1 Enterprise.

4. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

flohh,

Restoring from the last differential image even after the deletion of previous differentials is no problem in TI9 Home either - the validation is.

Does TI 9.1 Enterprise validate a new differential if all the previous differentials appended to the same base full are not present?

5. flohh

flohh Registered Member

You are right, validating fails because ATI looks for the delete differential images.
    Dont know what I can do...

6. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Wouldn't incrementals be acceptable? You would also avoid constant deletions, prone to errors IMO.

By the way, I do full images only - the simplest to manage and the fastest to verify. But yes, I have enough space for that luxury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.