Removal tool for NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Buddel, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buddel

Buddel Guest

I'm looking for a way to remove NOD32 completely from my computer. Does Eset offer a removal tool?

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

2. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

I don't think they do. When I removed it, I shut it down first, then uninstalled it, rebooted, got some windows error, the went into the hard drive and deleted everything that was NOD or ESET.....rebooted again, this time no error, went into the registry and deleted everything NOD or ESET, rebooted again, and ran a reg cleaner. I figure I got pretty much everything..........good luck.

3. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Hello Buddel, with the never-ending problems with Nod I don't know whether or not I will renew license. I might stick the Norton disc in again. I must admit the folks here are very good at helping out but I shouldn't have to be chasing after them all the time. :)

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Eset does not provide such a removal tool.

regards.

paul

5. Buddel

Buddel Guest

Are they? Well, anyway, thanks a lot for your replies.

6. Paul Wilders

Buddel,

Yes, they are - the vast majority from the threads over here are proof of the pudding.

You're most welcome.

regards.

paul

7. Buddel

Buddel Guest

So it's pretty obvious that the thread I started the other day does not belong to the "vast majority" because Eset did not care to answer my question ("Shutdown Protection").

I'm convinced Eset is fully aware of the problems NOD32 has had recently. Why don't they admit it? Why do they ignore questions or give elusive answers? Sorry, folks, but this is not what I expect from an "official" forum.

8. Paul Wilders

Buddel,

No doubt you are entitled to your own opinion in this context. Fact remains indeed the vast majority from threads over here are handled well.

I for one didn't notice anyone stating Eset isn't aware of any problem posted over here.

A question of perspective. Eset focusses first and foremost on targetting possible culprits, reproducing them in their labs if possible and if necessary provide a solution - engine updates for example. The mere fact answers to questions over here aren't replied at the spot by no means implies the issues are ignored. Eset "answers" by providing updates.

I'm sorry to hear so, As stated, you do have your own personal opinion on how an official support forum should act. This may not necessarily be the overall consensus.

Anyway, the subject from this thread is about a removal tool - and that one has been answered. For that reason, this thread is closed.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.