Removal of NOD icon button - upper tool bar

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by bill tramble, Apr 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bill tramble

bill tramble Registered Member

Running WindowsXP IE6/OE
    NOD32 A/V
    Problem: A new (3rd) toolbar (upper screen) was created upon NOD32 installation which contains only the NOD32 icon button (same menu pop up as the lower task bar icon) and reduces my screen view considerably.

this is the response from ESET i received earlier however i need some simplistic rookie clarification please 'n thanks

from ESET

An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:

Hello,
    Are you referring to the button in Outlook? If so, use these instructions.

http://www.eset.com/support/kb.php?option=com_kb&Itemid=29&page=articles&articleid=404

the red highlighted instructions above are what i dont understand...

any assistance would be greatly appreciated - thanks
    willy

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

The red numbers and arrows relate to the instructions above the diagram. So when you follow Step 2 in the written instructions the red 2 on the diagram is showing you where you'll find the bits to click on. When you follow Step 3 the red 3 is showing you where to find the bits for that step.

To be honest the instructions are in their simplest form and I'd be surprised if they could be made any simpler......

3. xwray

xwray Registered Member

I have a follow-on question. I too have wanted to eliminate the icon from my outlook toolbar but was afraid by doing so I would also be disabling my email protection. So, are you saying that disabling integration *ONLY* removes the icon from the toolbar...*ALL* other functionality remains the same?

thanks

4. PaulB2005

NO! Disabling integration does exactly what it says. It disables the integration between Outlook and NOD32. Granted all the other protection is in place but you'll loose the scanning of messages when they come in. Otherwise they'll only be scanned once you open them.

I just right click the toolbar and untick "ESET NOD32 Anti Virus" on the menu and the button disappears BUT the email scanning remains intact! Works in Outlook too.

Unless I'm missing something it seems a bit stupid to suggest disabling protection to remove a button / toolbar when a much simpler answer exists.

5. bill tramble

bill tramble Registered Member

Thank You Paul B and hello also to XWRAY.....

Paul, the first thing i tried was the right click on the ESET NOD Menu to no avail...
    There are 2 items on my existing menu...that is, Tool Bar and Views Bar.

btw...i am using the V3.0 edition of NOD32...
    perhaps something got corrupted in the download and that can easily be redone.

Thank you btw for answering the posts...its appreciated
    bill

6. PaulB2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.