removableTrezor

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by RejZoR, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Can anyone give some feedback on this program? Mostly how much can i trust it (it's suppose to use AES 256)? And can it really be used without admin rights? I mean it works in Vista without activating a single UAC warning, not sure how it would react on actually limited system. TrueCrypt is good but way to crappy to be used as portable encryption tool. I'm also wondering if anyone knows what actually happens with it's temporary files before they are encrypted back to container.
    Are they securely deleted or deleted just like any other file?

Many thanks!

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

Decrypting to disk = not good.

3. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

It would be ok if it was securely erased. I tried with Recuva and i could obtain the content viewed from removableTrezor. Now thats bad...

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Great news. Guys at Philosoft are certanly worth checking if not anything else.
    As soon as i notified them regarding potential vulnerability in usage of classic windows erasing of temporary files they responded to my mail and also uploaded an update version of removableTrezor which now securely erases all temp files when you close the app. Recovery programs do find the files though and can recover them but data inside is completelly useless (scrambled).
    One and only encryption program that doesn't require admin rights to be used (thats best of all) and is also truly portable. It auto detects volume unlike others where you have to hunt those files. Not really enjoyable usage if you ask me. This one is however. So give it a try.

EDIT:
    Correction, it erases the data as soon as you close the opened file, not when you close the removableTrezor. Thats even better!

5. SYS 64738

SYS 64738 Registered Member

Sounds interesting, i will search for this program. So far i never tried this sort of programs, but i remenber that my usb stick came with some software, mail client and stuff, i think also some kind of encryption program.

Actually, i'm playing around with the encryption tools i found here http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nulifetv/freezip/freeware/

Very small, stand-alone applications. Claim to be traceless and to require no installation. It is file and folder encryption, not "container-based". But maybe also interesting for you...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.