Removable Media Scan...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chelios, Apr 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chelios

chelios Registered Member

Apr 11, 2010

Posted this last week but never had a response so hoping maybe this time I'll get lucky ;)

I'll try to be brief... am wondering about the NOD32 disable removable media option. The question I have is, if I set block the removable media source from accessing my computer, can I still scan the removable media for virus and spyware activity in the locked mode?
    Reason I ask is my former computer was terribly infected by *something* and there was no recovery, NOD32 failed to stop the invasion. Tried every thing for months only to subsequently purchase a new machine (the other was 13 years old, but i digress).
    I removed the 4 HDD's from the other machine which contain my entire computer life on them and need to move the data ti my new machine via a USB HDD enclosure. As you may imagine I am afraid to connect these drives to this new machine for fear of infection.

So, can I scan removable media while the "block removable media" media is checked?

My current system is WIN 7 x64 running x64 Nod32 and the previous infected system is XP pro 32 bit running NOD32.

Thanks so much for any input.

Best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.