removable disk E

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chris45, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris45

chris45 Registered Member

when i click on my computer on vista under devices it shows dvd D and removable disk E what could removable disk E be because i dont have anything else plugged into my computer laptop

2. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

chris45, usually, when you see a removable disk mentioned, it means that your computer has some type of a flash card media reader installed. Do you see a small slot at either side of your laptop?

Some computers come with several slots for different types of media, and in my case, I see 4 removable drives (for Compact Flash, MS/MS-Pro, SD/MMC and SM/xD Picture cards), accompanied by 4 slots in front of my desktop tower.

3. chris45

chris45 Registered Member

i see thanks i have a card reader that came with my computer when i bought it i never knew thats what was removable disk E thanks

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

chris45, you're welcome! Take care.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

But why on many systems removable disk appears only when you insert a card in card reader?

6. roady

roady Registered Member

Windows 7 systems perhaps?
    If so,go to "Folder Options" ,open the View tab In the options list, locate the line "Hide empty drives in the computer" and check the box to make the drives appear,even if they're empty.

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.